So, I got about 1,000 words into today’s daily notes, and then my STUPID LAPTOP BATTERY died cause the power cable slides out too easily and the battery is shot so it lasts about 45 seconds on battery power. It was probably the best Daily Notes I’ve ever written. Pultizer Prize winning stuff. There was this great break down about the Chi Sox bull pen, and how I picked up Hector Santiago before yesterdays game for my Blog Wars team. Well here is take two.
On to today’s VERY TICKED OFF BULLETS…
- Adam Dunn and Ian Kinsler hit HR’s in Arlington… WOW….it’s SOOOOO Hard to hit a HR there. Mike Napoli didn’t get any hits and is on pace to bat .000 this year. I TOLD YOU HIS AVG LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE!
- MLB’s headline for the O’s vs. Twins wrap last night was “O’s open up ’12 with impressive win over Twins”. I beg to differ that beating the Twins is impressive. Late round power threat Josh Willingham made good on his skill set with a HR and under appreciated O’s outfielder Nick Markakis had a HR and triple. Jim Johnson got a save by rule only going two thirds of an inning giving up a hit, walk, and striking out 1.
- Do you want another reason why I’m ticked off? The left shift key on my keyboard doesn’t work unless you press it really hard. I use that key to capitalize about 75% of the time the situation arises, now it mostly results in a backspace because the capital letter doesn’t register, which takes up MORE TIME!
- CC Sabathia sucked giving up a grand slam to Carlos Pena and a solo shot to Evan Longoria. Despite that, James Shields sucked more lasting one less inning than CC, giving up 1 more run, and striking out 4 less batters.
- Yovani Gallardo sucked more than both of them, giving up HR’s to Yadier Molina, Carlos Beltran, Matt Holliday and David Freese, who so far in ’12 doesn’t suck with a .500 AVG and a 1.300 OPS. Gallardo got off to a slow start last year to, so I’m not reading too much into the batting practice he threw today.
- Troy Tulowitzki, who normally sucks in April, had a HR last night. Michael Cuddyer, Eric Young, and Dexter Fowler all stole a base. Jeremy Guthrie held the potent Houston offense in check despite giving up HR’s to Carlos Lee and Brian Bogusevic.
- Tim Lincecum gave up HR’s to Chris Young and Paul Goldschmidt. He managed 7 k’s but lasted only 5.1 IP. Melky Caberea had a double and HR. perhaps last year wasn’t flukey?
- Albert Pujols was 0-for-3 with a walk last night, but Erik Aybar had a 3 run triple and scored a run himself. Told you not to start Bruce Chen.
- Chad Billingsly struck out 11 and blanked the Padres for 8.1 innings. Cory Luebke, a popular sleeper, got off to a rocky start surrendering 5 earned and 9 hits in 4.2 innings. He did manage 6 strikeouts, but Andre Ethier proved too much to overcome as his double and triple were 1 less hit than the Padres team had last night.
- Yoenis Cespedes had his 2nd HR of the year last night. Maybe the crazy video he made wasn’t exagerating…
- I started playing mlb.com’s Beat The Streak yesterday. This year I “double downed” on Josh Hamilton and Adam Jones. Each player came through for me. I’m up to a 3 game streak. Today I’m rolling another double down out, Ellsbury vs. Fister and Cuddyer vs. Harrell.
Todays’s Pitching matchups
TOR @ CLE – Morrow vs. Jimenez – Ubaldo is appealing the suspension, so he gets the start for the tribe today.
WAS @ CHC – Gonzalez vs. Garza
ATL @ NYM – Jurrjens vs. Dickey
BOS @ DET – Beckett vs. Fister – I don’t trust the DET defense with Fister’s ground ball tendencies.
KC @ LAA – Hochevar vs. Haren – Josh has been pumping Hochevar as a sleeper this year. I’m taking a wait and see today.
SF @ ARI – Bumgarner vs. Hudson
STL @ MIL – Wainwright vs. Greinke – Wainwright has been sharp all spring. I don’t think anyone should be scared of his health at this point. I stand by Greinke winning the NL Cy Young this year.
COL @ HOU – Moyer vs. Harrell – I don’t know anyone that has either of these pitchers on their rosters.
MIN @ BAL – Liriano vs. Hunter – After the spring he had, I’m starting Liriano today.
PHI @ PIT – Lee vs. Karstens – I would play Karstens in NL onlys.
MIA @ CIN – Nolasco vs. Latos – If you own the Hot Nolasco sauce you are a glutten for punishment, which means you are starting him. Latos is Latos, doesn’t matter where he is pitching.
NYY @ TB – Kuroda vs. Price – I’m not high on Kuroda this year. That said, you could do a lot worse than this. May not get the win, but his peripherals shouldn’t kill you.
CHW @ TEX – Peavy vs. Holland – I’m taking Holland in this matchup. Peavy is too rollar coastery for me.
LAD @ SD – Capuano vs. Moseley – Capuano is definitely worth the start here.
SEA @ OAK – Hernadez vs. Colon – Colon pitched well against the M’s in Japan, and he should again tonight.